GROUP BENEFITS PLAN FOR SECA MEMBERS
The Saskatchewan Early Childhood Association (SECA) has named HealthSource Plus as the official supplier of the Group Benefits Plan to the SECA. The program for our members is exclusive to the SECA and takes advantage of our considerable buying power. We are pleased to report that many SECA members are already taking advantage of the unique program that is designed to save our members money on their employee benefits programs – permanently. Our members will benefit from long-term permanent savings on their employee benefits by working with HealthSource Plus.
Who is Eligible?
- Your centre participates in the SECA Group Benefits Plan.
- You re a licensed Family Child Care Provider.
- You are a new employee.
- You are a current Professional or Child Care Assistant or Family Child Care member of Saskatchewan Early Childhood Association.
- You have completed the group benefits waiting period.
- You are a permanent full-time employee working a minimum of 20 hours per week
Types of Coverage?
The plan offers either individual or family coverage. If your dependants (children and/or spouse) are not covered under any other plan they automatically will be covered under your plan at the family rate. If your spouse (legal or common law) has a plan that provides you with sufficient health and dental care coverage, you may opt out of that portion of the SECA plan. You can be covered for life and disability insurance at a lower premium.
SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYEES
Two Plan Options have been created under the SECA Group Benefits Plan. The coverage details are outline on the next page along with their related costs. Each centre decides, as a whole, which option they would like to implement (decision is not made on an individual basis).
Life, AD&D, Dependent Life, LTD and STD Coverage:
These benefits are mandatory. Short Term Disability (STD) coverage is only mandatory if that centre chooses to implement Plan Option 2:
Healthcare, Drug and Dental Coverage:
These benefits are mandatory unless you have coverage through your spouse’s plan in which case you can waive healthcare, drug and dental coverage:
WELLNESS (Physical & Mental)
HealthSource Plus is also the first consulting firm inCanadato embed a complete Wellness Program into their employee benefits program for free. The HealthSource Plus TOTAL Wellness Program is designed to help your employees stop smoking, lose weight, eat right and reduce the stress in their lives. This will help control your long term health costs by introducing a culture of wellness to your employees.
- Included at no cost to you a Medical Second Opinion Service. Diagnosis+ provides reassurance by helping you obtain a confirmation of your diagnosis and, where applicable, the treatment plan that is best adapted to your situation.
Total Wellness Program
- Access to a full suite of FREE wellness programs including:
v Three types of individual health risk assessments.
v Stress Management and Substance Abuse assistance tools. Provides assistance in treating the root of emotional causes of addictive behavior using a method called “structural cognitive training”. Participants learn how to make rational choices rather than emotional decisions.
v On-line courses are available to quit smoking, lose weight and improve nutrition.
v These courses proved to be among the best solutions inNorth Americawith success rates exceeding 70%.
Employee Assistance Program through POSACTION Plus
- helps employees and their dependents address personal and workplace problems. You and your dependents will have access to confidential assistance, face-to-face counseling, information, action planning, and referrals on a range of issues, including child and elder care research and referrals.
COST of Program & Rate Guarantees
The following is a list of the unit rates associated with the SECA Group Benefits Plan:
The SECA Group Benefits Plan is a unique program that was designed and developed solely for the members of the
child care industry in the Province of SASKATCHEWAN.
Some unique features of this plan are:
- No underwriting- that is- no medical or medical information of any kind is required to be covered.
- Permanent Full-time employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible.
- Family Child Care Providers are eligible for full coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program, counselling for employees and all family members.
- Total Wellness Program – available to you and your eligible dependents.
- Continuation of health care benefits to dependants for 2 years after an employee’s death.
- Full Out of Country Coverage + $5,000 per insured of Trip Cancellation Insurance.
- Extension of benefits while on maternity leave, leave of absence, or during your centre’s summer closure.
For more information on the SECA Group Benefits Plan
please contact the plan ADVISOR:
Lorna Struch, Client Manager
Health Source Plus
1800-360 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3Z3
Phone: (204) 940-3926
Fax: (204) 940-3901
Toll Free: 1-866-940-3945 ext 2